D. M. Bare Paper Co. Federal Credit Union was established and chartered in 1954 by the Late Vance D. Myers along with six other credit union charter members, three of which are still living, to aid the employees of the D. M. Bare Paper Co. now known as Appleton Papers, Inc. Since that time, the Credit Union has grown to over 4,000 members from Appleton Papers employees, their relatives and from our other 71 Select Employee Groups and Organizations.
In October of 1966, the name was changed to Bare Mill Employees FCU and was changed again in November of 1978 to Spring Mill Employees FCU. The location of the office began in the D. M. Bare Paper Co. building. Due to steady growth, the Credit Union outgrew that location and moved to Grove Street in Roaring Spring in 1978. In 1980, the Credit Union moved to its present location at 321 Main Street in Roaring Spring, PA which was formerly McIntyre’s Jewelry Store. Since that time, several renovations and expansions have been made.
On November 16, 2005, the Credit Union moved into a new facility located at 7533 Woodbury Pike in Roaring Spring. Major Builders of Johnstown constructed the 2,600 square foot new facility. Greatly increased parking along with drive thru window and ATM services are among several of the new conveniences that are available at our new location.
We have six full time and one part-time employees to serve you, our members.
As of April 2017 we had: